Monday, October 6, 2008

Dedonks 1st review

Well I must admit I'm very impressed with the donks first session. Getting 6 double ups in under 2 hours 4 tabling is fine work. A key part of a "grade A" donk is someone who reads too much into a good winning session and then believes they are invincible. Hopefully my donk will ignore the short term results and focus on improving his game and discipline.

Looking at the hand in where donk lost his stack. I don't mind him 3 betting the villain if he has been stealing regularly and 108s is a good hand to 3 bet with as if you do happen to get a call you are not likely to be dominated. I like the flop bet as the board is representable plus the fact he has a straight draw. Where the big error is made is on the turn. Once villain has called bet on flop, I feel donk needs to shut down as nearly any bet he makes will be pot committing and he only has 10 high. My advice would have been to check the turn hoping villain prices him in or checks through giving free card. Given villains stack, I believe once he has called the flop bet he will nearly always go whole way with hand.

Keep up the good work donk.

No comments: